Did you know that dry skin and dehydrated skin is two different skin concerns?
Dry skin is skin lacking in oil and is a skin type, while dehydrated skin is skin lacking in water and is a skin condition. Dehydrated skin is caused by many external factors, the most common is the weather, environment, diet and caffeine consumption. Dehydrated skin will feel tight, look dull and has an exaggerated look of lines and wrinkles. So if you have dehydrated skin, top up on your H20 consumption, fruit and veg.
How can you identify dry skin?
- Flaky and rough skin
- Uneven texture
- Skin feels tight
What causes dry skin?
- Genetics - If most of you family have dry skin, highly likely, you will too
- Age - As you grow older, Sebum production decreases which causes dry skin
- Seasons - Dry skin is common in dry climates and during winter due to lack of humidity
- Long hot showers - If you spend a long time in the shower, this will strip your skin of its necessary oils thereby contributing to dry skin
Tips for dry skin
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. It's essential you moisturize daily to keep skin soft and hydrated
- Pat skin gently after rinsing
- Don't use hot water when washing you face
- Drink lots of water
- Use an SPF daily to ensure you prevent further moisture loss
We have an an amazing selection of skin care below to assist you with your dry skin type condition.